HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How to install RoundCube Webmail on your website.
Steps to auto-install the Roundcube script:
- Login to cPanel.
- Find the MOJO Marketplace section.
- Click One-Click Installs icon.
- Select RoundCube.
- Follow the steps to install it.
If you prefer to manually install Roundcube, please follow these steps below:
Visit the newly installed Roundcube script by visiting where it is located (example: http://www.yoursite.com/email) and log in with your full email address and password.
- Download Roundcube from their website at http://roundcube.net.
- Extract the downloaded file onto your computer using a .tar.gz extraction program such as WinRar or WinZip
- Login to your HostMonster account and click on 'MySQL Databases', then create a database name of your choice. example: myroundcube Note: it will add your HostMonster account username and underscore to the front of the database name you create. So the database name will look like username_myroundcube (write down what it's named as we will need it later).
- Create a username and password under the Users section of mysql Example: myuser Note: The username will also add your HostMonster account username in front o the username you create so it will look like username_myuser but your password will be exactly what you typed. Write down what they are we will need them later.
- In the mysql section there are two drop down boxes under databases select the database you created (username_myroundcube) and then the username you created (username_myuser) and then click the button under them that says Add User to DB.
- At the bottom of the mysql section there will be a link to PHPMYADMIN. Click on it.
- On the left select the database you created (username_myroundcube) in the drop down menu.
- Click on the IMPORT(SQL) tab in the middle top area of the screen.
- Click the Browse button and browse to the folder we extracted all the files to and go into the SQL folder and click on the file mysql.initial.sql and click open. Then click the GO Button and this will setup the database for Roundcube. Then close out of the browser.
- Locate the folder you just extracted and then go into the folder called config.
- Locate file db.inc.php.dist and rename it to db.inc.php.
- Locate file main.inc.php.dist and rename it to main.inc.php.
- Click 'Start' in your computer, then 'run' and type in wordpad.exe. WordPad will open.
- Click File then open and browse to the db.inc.php file (Note: when you browse to open the file you may need to set Files of type to All Documents):
- Locate the line:
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:pass@localhost/roundcubemail';We will edit this line to put in our database info.
Where it says "roundcube:pass", you will put in your database username and password there, but keep the colonexample: username_myuser:passwordWhere it says roundcubemail you will fill in your database name there.example: username_myroundcubeSo it should end up looking something like this, but with your info:$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://username_myuser:password@localhost/username_myroundcube';
- Click Save and Close wordpad.
- Click 'start' then 'run' and type in wordpad.exe. WordPad will open again.
- Click File then open and browse to the main.inc.php file Click File then open and browse to the main.inc.php file (Note: when you browse to open the file you may need to set Files of type to All Documents):
Find this line:$rcmail_config['enable_caching'] = TRUE;And change the word TRUE; to FALSE;
Find this line:$rcmail_config['default_host'] = '';Between the two single quotations type mail.yourdomain.com
- Click Save and Close wordpad.
- FTP all of the extracted individual files to the folder on your site where you want to install roundcube. Example (folder named: email).
Knowledgebase Article 106,262 views bookmark
sharetags: MOJO email roundcube webmail (updated 244 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Can I log directly into the webmail client of my choice? (updated 405 days ago)
. Click the RoundCube logo. This takes you to the main interface screen for RoundCube where your Inbox will be displayed. On the left are your email folders, by default, RoundCube will always show you (updated 811 days ago)
How to access your email accounts from your web browser. Our webmail applications make a nice alternative to a desktop email client. (updated 336 days ago)
Related Help Content
To install a phpBB forum using MOJO Marketplace, log into the cPanel and scroll down to the Software/Services category. Click on the MOJO Marketplace icon. Click on the phpBB icon. Click the Install Now bu (updated 217 days ago)
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres (updated 11 hours ago)
How do I use webmail? (updated 336 days ago)
We provide several programs to be able to check your email online. cPanel Mail section where Email Accounts icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the Email Accounts icon. (updated 244 days ago)
Instructions on how to set up Webmail to redirect as a custom subdomain (updated 403 days ago)
How to install a program using MOJO Marketplace. (updated 33 days ago)
General Instructions on how to use the spam folder with webmail (updated 413 days ago)