HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Logging in and Using WordPress: Preventing Spam
These steps will help you prevent users and robots from posting Spam on your WordPress blog.
- Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select Settings in the navigation bar on the left.
- From the General Settings page, scroll down.
- Check the box next to 'Users must be registered and logged in to comment'.
- Scroll down to the bottom left hand corner and click 'Save Changes'.
- Selec the Discussion tab.
- Check the box next to 'An administrator must always approve the comment'.
- You can enter in words, phrases, or content into a box which will hold comments for you to moderate them.
- You can enter in words, phrases, or content into a box which will delete comments containing these things.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click 'Save Changes'.
Your WordPress blog has now been approved to fight against Spam.
Getting Started Article 81,678 views bookmark
sharetags: comment scroll spam wordpress (updated 1278 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug (updated 2 days ago)
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for (updated 2 days ago)
If you have a WordPress blog hosted on wordpress.com, you can easily export it and import it to WordPress that is installed on your hosting account with hostmonster. Login to the WordPress D (updated 1238 days ago)
Related Help Content
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres (updated 2 days ago)
Tips and tricks to make your wordpress blog load faster (updated 338 days ago)
How to use the Posts feature of the WordPress Dashboard (updated 2 days ago)
Using WordPress with the Temporary URL (updated 2 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 331,089 views tags: blog domain ip press resolve resolving temp temporary url word wordpress wrong
Information on what robots.txt is and how to use it (updated 777 days ago)
Learn how to use WordPress, WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes now available. (updated 1126 days ago)
I am getting a large amount of SPAM in my mail account. I have SPAM filters on, but they are still getting through. (updated 391 days ago)
To view your stats, scroll down to the Logs section of the cPanel Here are different programs that can be used to view your stats. We most recommend awstats When you select your stats program, you ma (updated 970 days ago)