HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Migrating an Existing WordPress.com Blog
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign up for one at HostMonster.com.
This article can assist if the WordPress blog is hosted on wordpress.com. Just follow these steps to export and import the data.
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click Tools.
- Click Export.
- Click Download Export File.
- Export your blog.
- Change the name servers to point to ns1.HostMonster.com & ns2.HostMonster.com.
- Wait 24-72 hours for DNS propagation time.
- Then import it using WordPress installed with hostmonster tools.
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard at the new domain name.
- Click on Tools and then select Import.
- Scroll down the page to the bottom.
- Click the link that says Wordpress.
- Click Browse and open the file that was exported.
- Click Upload file and import.
- Create or select the author for all posts.
- Mark the checkbox for import file attachments.
- Click Submit.
*If your domain has a WordPress blog on it and it's not through wordpress.com, then you will need to:
The WordPress blog has now been imported.
If you would like to get started but don't have an account you can sign for one at HostMonster.com.
Getting Started Article 255,698 views bookmark
sharetags: blog export file import wordpress (updated 146 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPres (updated 147 days ago)
This article will explain how to login to a WordPress site using WordPress tools. (updated 28 days ago)
Install Plugins These steps will help you install and select a WordPress plugin for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New link from the Plugins menu. You can search for a plug (updated 154 days ago)
Related Help Content
This article will show you how to access your WordPress site. (updated 139 days ago)
Learn how to use WordPress, WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes now available. (updated 124 days ago)
How to export your database in phpMyAdmin.. (updated 955 days ago)
Using WordPress with the Temporary URL (updated 154 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 353,956 views tags: blog domain ip press resolve resolving temp temporary url word wordpress wrong
How to Migrate a self hosted copy of WordPress (updated 27 days ago)
I need to Export or Import a MySQL database (updated 726 days ago)
Tips and tricks to make your wordpress blog load faster (updated 489 days ago)
Install Themes These steps will help you install and select a WordPress theme for your blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select the Add New Themes link in the Appearance Menu. You can search for (updated 154 days ago)