HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How To Login To WordPress Site - WP Admin Access
This article will explain how to login to a website created with WordPress.
- Login to WordPress through WordPress Tools
- Login to WordPress through MySites
- Login to WordPress Directly
Login to WordPress through WordPress Tools
These steps will explain how to use WordPress tools to log into your site.
- Log in to your HostMonster cPanel account.
- Click the WordPress Tools link at the top.
- On the left side click the Users tab.
- Under Select WordPress choose the WordPress install you would like to login to.
- Under WordPress Users click the login button next to the user you would like.
Login to WordPress through My Sites
Other users may have a My Sites option rather than WordPress Tools.
- Log in to your HostMonster control panel.
- Click on the My Sites tab from the side-menu on the left.
- Hover over the site you wish to manage, and click Log into WordPress.
Login to WordPress Directly.
These steps explain how to login to your WordPress site directly.
Note: This method works with most WordPress installations including those through Mojo Marketplace or Simple Scripts. It will not work if the login methods have been changed from the default setup. For example if a WordPress security plugin has customized the login URL or the wp-admin folder has been moved.
Determining your login URL
The default URL to login to WordPress is the same URL you would use to visit your site but with "/wp-admin" added to the end of it.
For example if I visit my WordPress website at www.example.com. I would go to www.example.com/wp-admin to access the login screen.
- Go to your login URL.
- Enter your WordPress username and password and click "Log in".
Note: If you are already logged in you will be taken to the dashboard directly, without asking for a username and password.
You now have access to your WordPress dashboard where you can manage your WordPress site.