HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How to Assign a Domain
This guide will show you how to assign a domain name to your hosting account.
Access the Domains tab
- Login to your HostMonster Control Panel.
- Click the Domains tab.
- Under Shortcuts click the link "Assign a domain to your Control Panel account".
Assigning the Domain Name
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- If you are assigning a new domain you must verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.HostMonster.com and ns2.HostMonster.com.
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
Choose Addon vs. Parked
- Addon Domain: An Addon domain name will function as its own separate domain name or website.
- Parked Domain: A Parked domain name will load the same the site located in your public_html, your main domain name.
- If you selected Addon domain, choose the folder in your account that the domain will point to.
- Choose a Subdomain. The subdomain is only used by the Control Panel for the domain assignment. You will still access your domain name directly.
- Click the "Add Domain" button at the bottom of the page to assign the domain.
- Once complete you should see the domain is listed in the Domains tab.
Knowledgebase Article 534,251 views bookmark
sharetags: addon domains parked
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
What is the difference between parked domains and addon domains?
This article will explain how to un-assign a domain name from your account.
What are parked domains?
Related Help Content
I tried to assign a domain through the Domain Manager, but it does not allow me to. What is wrong?
I do not want to see addon.maindomain.com. How do I do that?
Knowledgebase Article 161,401 views tags: accessible addon directory domain folders hidden htaccess inaccessible primary secondary
How do I FTP to my addon domains and subdomains without interfering with my main account.
How do I stop people from being able to use the addon domain as a subdomain of the primary domain?
Can I have multiple domains pointing to my site or to a directory on my site?
I have setup a pointed/addon domain, where should I upload the files for this domain?
What is an Addon domain?