HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Assigning an Addon or Parked domain
A parked domain is a domain name that points to your main Web site on your account
For example, if example.com is your main Web site, you can purchase the example.net and assign it as a parked domain so that if a visitor were to type example.net they would see the same Web site as if they had typed example.com.
An add-on domain is a domain name which points to its own folder within public_html and appears as a separate website from your primary domain.
This allows you to have two separate Web sites on your account. You can have a example.com and then a example2.com as an add-on domain. The example2.com would be a completely separate Web site and visitors would not know that it is part of your example.com account.
Access the Domain Manager
- Login to your HostMonster cPanel
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Under Shortcuts click the link "Assign a domain to your cPanel account"
Assigning the Domain Name
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- Verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.HostMonster.com and ns2.HostMonster.com
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
- Choose Addon vs. Parked
- Addon Domain: An Addon domain name will function as its own separate domain name or website.
- Parked Domain: A Parked domain name will load the same the site located in your public_html, your main domain name.
This subdomain is required for cPanel. You will still be able to access your domain name directly.