HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How to Setup Multiple Domains Pointing to the Same Directory
It is possible to have multiple domains point to the same site or to a directory on your site. To do this simply assign both Addon Domains to the same directory (folder).
Primary, Addon and Parked Domains
The primary domain on your account will always be pointed directly to the public_html directory. As you assign additional domains to your account, you can assign them as either addon or parked domains.
An addon domain allows you to specify a directory inside of public_html which the domain will point to. A parked domain will point directly to public_html the same way your primary domain does. For a more detailed description of addon and parked domains, please see Parked Domains vs. Addon Domains
When assigning a domain as an addon domain, you are allowed to use the same directory as another addon domain. This will result in both addon domains pointing to the same folder and website content.
Assigning Two Domains To One Folder
- Login to your HostMonster Control Panel
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Under Shortcuts click the link "Assign a domain to your cPanel account"
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- Verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.HostMonster.com and ns2.HostMonster.com
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
- Choose an Addon Directory
- Choose a Subdomain
This subdomain is required for cPanel. You will still be able to access your domain name directly.
- Click the "Add Domain" button at the bottom of the page to assign the domain.
- Once complete you should see the domain is listed in the domain manager tab.