HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Process / Script Times Out After 10 Minutes
My process for my script / program is timing out after 10 minutes.
The program or script you run on your site may require a process to run longer than 10 minutes.
A dedicated IP address will help when processes from scripts or programs, which don't consume too much CPU, need to run in the background for longer than 10 minutes.
- On a shared IP address, the process will terminate at the 10 minute mark (600 seconds).
- With a dedicated IP address, processes are allowed to run for more than 10 minutes as long as they aren't consuming too much of the server's memory, which would result in account being throttled. See CEO's Blog.
- Account throttling can occur both on a shared and a dedicated IP address.
- Certain voice chat programs require a dedicated IP address before they can be setup and used.
- If you have a program that sends out emails every so many seconds, such as from a mailing list program like DaDa Mail, then you would need to get a dedicated IP address, if it's going to take more than 10 minutes to send out the emails.
Additional Information:Follow this link to find out the differences between Shared and Dedicated IPs.
Knowledgebase Article 58,342 views bookmark
sharetags: process quits responding seconds stop stopped stops terminated terminates throttle timing (updated 734 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
When uploading large files (65mb) the transfer just stops after a few megabytes and then the server times out and disconnects the connection. (updated 2055 days ago)
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display? (updated 23 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 62,448 views tags: concurrent connections displaying frozen manager manger process site twenty website
How to install a program using MOJO Marketplace. (updated 472 days ago)
Related Help Content
We need to execute a Perl script from inside a PHP page and display the results as part of the page. We tried the 'virtual' command but the server returns: blank. (updated 2055 days ago)
Does your company have any limit about CGI script use? (updated 1040 days ago)
When I attempt to execute my Ruby on Rails application I receive "500- Premature end of script." (updated 1137 days ago)
I am trying to rebuild my index for Entropy Search and it stops before 100%. (updated 2056 days ago)
How can I protect the images on my website? (updated 1384 days ago)
An explanation of the server status: Essential Update (Reboot) - 15 minutes (updated 549 days ago)
How to Stop A Directory Index From Being Shown (updated 1100 days ago)