HostMonster uses a maildir system, which means that all email boxes and messages are stored as files in folders on your account.
The following instructions will show how these files and folders can be accessed through cPanel:
- Log into your cPanel, and click on the File Manager icon in the Files section.
- Navigate to the Home Directory (one step up from public_html).
- Open the mail folder.
- Find the folder which is named after the domain of the desired email.
- Inside you will find a folder for each email user of that domain. For example, if looking for the email firstname.lastname@example.org, open the folder example.com and inside you will find a folder webmaster along with any other email accounts for that domain.
- Once at the correct directory, go inside the folder named after the email user which matches the desired email address. Here you will find the new, cur, temp, .Trash, and .Sent folders for this particular email account.
We do not recommend that you change anything in these folders, but this can be very convenient if you want to mass delete a large number of emails or email accounts.
Note: Inside the mail folder will be folders called new, cur, temp, .Trash, and .Sent. These are NOT folders for any user created email accounts. (They are actually folders for the cPanel username.)
(updated 994 days ago)
Recommended Help Content
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Yahoo! Mail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in Yahoo! Mail. (updated 713 days ago)
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it. (updated 978 days ago)
This article will explain how to view the email logs on a Dedicated or VPS server. This may be usefull if you are experiencing trouble with your email. (updated 138 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to Configure Eudora Pro to Access Email? (updated 2169 days ago)
How to create and access your email accounts (updated 180 days ago)
How to batch email in Dada Mail. (updated 1720 days ago)
This article will explain how to setup an email account in the Windows 10 mail application. (updated 67 days ago)
How to access your email accounts from your web browser. Our webmail applications make a nice alternative to a desktop email client. (updated 170 days ago)
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Gmail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in GMail. (updated 63 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Apple's Mail Application. (updated 983 days ago)
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We (updated 1168 days ago)