HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Deleting a large number of emails from an account
There are a large number of emails or spam that need to be deleted from an email account.
To delete a large number of emails from an INBOX on an email account you can do the following:
- Login to the control panel for your hosting account.
- Under the Email category click on "Email Accounts"
- Click on the "Access Webmail" icon next to the address for which you have emails to delete.
- Type in the password for the email account.
- Select Horde
- Once in Horde, click on mail.
- Next, click on Folders.
- Select the folder that contains the large number of messages.
- Then at the top of the page, click on the drop down box that says "Choose action..."
- Select the option: Purge Folder or Empty Folder
- Click on "Purge" next to the Trash folder in order to empty the trash.
Knowledgebase Article 75,031 views bookmark
sharetags: delete email emails spam (updated 2190 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
I am getting a large amount of SPAM in my mail account. I have SPAM filters on, but they are still getting through. (updated 579 days ago)
Where in the cPanel do I delete email accounts, and how can I do this? (updated 963 days ago)
Where do I Add, Delete and Manage Email Accounts? (updated 1508 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 290,339 views tags: accounts add change client configure delete email imap macmail mail mailbox manage outlook password ports thunderbird
Related Help Content
Do you offer antivirus and anti-spam protection for e-mail account? (updated 635 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 72,804 views tags: antispam antivirus email filter mail spam spamexeperts virus
Learn how to create an email account associated with your domain name (updated 747 days ago)
Explanation of how spam works and common prevention tips (updated 73 days ago)
How does Spam Hammer work? (updated 180 days ago)
Explanation of what SpamAssassin is and how it works (updated 636 days ago)
General Instructions on how to use the spam folder with webmail (updated 987 days ago)
My domain's MX records point elsewhere and I cannot send emails to my domain from the web. (updated 2040 days ago)