HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Setting Up Mozilla Thunderbird
- Select the Tools menu
- Select Account Settings
- Click the Account Actions button
- Click Add Mail Account
- Enter your Name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing mail messages.
- Enter your full Email address
- Enter your Email password
- Click the Continue button
- Thunderbird will now attempt to setup the account automatically. It will create an IMAP account and will not use SSL.
- Once the automatic setup has completed click Manual Setup
- Click the "Server Settings"
- Enter your full email address as the User Name
- Click Outgoing Server (SMTP) from the left hand column
- Highlight your new SMTP Server and click Edit
- Enter your entire email address as the User Name, under the Security and Authentication section
- Change the Port from Port: 25 (default) to 26
- To make it easier to remember, give this account a distinct nickname for future reference.
- Lastly click Ok
- Take a minute to review your account information. If everything appears to be fine, click Ok to finish.
Other Popular Email Clients
Managing / Uploading Files
Getting Started Article
Share or save this via:
tags: email emailclient setup
(updated 426 days ago)
sharetags: email emailclient setup (updated 426 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How to setup an email account using Mozilla Thunderbird, Thunderbird is a great cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS and Linux) free email client. (updated 894 days ago)
How to backup and restore profiles in Mozilla Thunderbird. (updated 2036 days ago)
Configuring your email client: Thunderbird (Mozilla) (updated 894 days ago)
Related Help Content
2003 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary. Select the 'Tools' menu. Select Accounts. Click on the "Add a new E-mail account" op (updated 850 days ago)
Windows Live Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live. This tutorial will show you how to setup your email account in Windows Live Mail. (updated 314 days ago)
All of my email folders are missing. How can I get them to show up? (updated 1626 days ago)
I get an error sending with Thunderbird, I can receive fine and I tried sending on Port 26 and it still does not work. How do I fix this problem? (updated 2055 days ago)
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Yahoo! Mail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in Yahoo! Mail. (updated 580 days ago)
Instructions for setting up KMail (updated 842 days ago)
How to Configure Eudora Pro to Access Email? (updated 2034 days ago)