HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How to Setup Outlook 2010
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook 2010 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
Adding a new account:
- Select the 'File' menu.
- Select Info.
- Click the Add Account button.
- Choose to Manually configure server settings.
- Click Next.
- Choose Internet E-Mail.
- Click Next.
- Enter your name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your full email address as the User Name.
- Enter your email password.
- Your mail server is mail.YourDomain.com, eg mail.example.com.
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your incoming mail server.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox.
- Ensure you are using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, click the checkbox and select 995 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 110.
- If you are using POP3, you may choose when messages are removed from the server.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, click the checkbox and select 993 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 143.
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, click the checkbox and select 465 for your port. Otherwise change the port to 26.
- Click the OK button.
- While on the E-mail Accounts screen, click the Test Account Settings button.
- This will both check your settings and send a test email to yourself to confirm that everything is working. If you receive any errors, please check your configuration.
- Click the Close button on the Test Account Settings window.
- Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window.
- Click the Finish button.
You should now be able to send and receive mail.
Video "How-to" Tutorial 260,709 views bookmark
sharetags: email imap outlook pop (updated 176 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2013 (updated 176 days ago)
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express. (updated 148 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 168,536 views tags: configuration configure email express imap outlook pop setup
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2007 (updated 176 days ago)
Related Help Content
Configuring your email client: Outlook 2003 (updated 176 days ago)
You can try sending the email on port 26, which is an alternate SMTP port and see if that works for you. For outlook: (updated 290 days ago)
All of my email folders are missing. How can I get them to show up? (updated 1184 days ago)
How do I add my HostMonster email account to Outlook 2002? (updated 758 days ago)
Microsoft Outlook supports third party plugins (aka add-ins) to allow for such things as email virus scanning. Such plugins can cause problems, such as causing Outlook to time-out when trying to retri (updated 1614 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2011 (updated 177 days ago)
There are many third-party E-mail programs that can be used to connect to your E-mail accounts from remote computers. The most common E-mail programs, called Clients, are Outlook, Mac Mail, and Mozil (updated 408 days ago)