HostMonster Web Hosting Help
SpamExperts: Simply Spam Free
Spammers are continually finding new ways to outwit email filters, making conventional rule-based filters less and less effective over time. It's possible to set up the rules and automate the logic required for an efficient spam filter, but it hardly seems worth it if you have to spend more time setting it up than you would've spent dealing with the spam in your inbox manually.
SpamExperts is different: its unique self-learning filtering mechanisms and advanced spam-pattern detection automatically adapts to new spammer techniques and learns your preferences based on what you do and do not mark as spam; there's nothing for you to manage or maintain manually. Keep reading to find out how SpamExperts can help you!
What is SpamExperts?
SpamExperts is an advanced email filter that scans and filters your incoming email for spam, viruses, phishing, and other email-related attacks by botnets and spammers with 99.98% accuracy — all before it reaches your inbox. It's specifically designed to avoid false positives, and it's continually learning and evolving to protect you from new spamming techniques and threats.
There isn't anything you need to set up. SpamExperts works at the domain level to protect all email accounts created with that domain. Once purchased, the MX records are automatically updated and locked to ensure your email accounts stay protected, and all incoming mail is filtered through the SpamExperts system. Any email detected as spam is placed in a secure quarantine which you can view at any time through your SpamPanel (aka SpamExperts Control Panel), which we'll cover in another section.
SpamExperts can only be purchased for domains hosted by HostMonster.
Follow these steps to purchase and install SpamExperts for your domain:
- Log in to your HostMonster control panel.
- Click on the Marketplace tab from the side navigation menu to the left, then choose Addons from the sub-menu.
- Scroll down to SpamExperts, and click on the icon.
- On the SpamExperts page, choose the domain(s) you want to purchase SpamExperts for.
- Click Buy Now to begin the checkout process.
- Once you've completed the checkout process, go back to the SpamExperts page.
- Scroll down to the table again and find your domain. Under the Action column, click Install.
SpamExperts will be installed for all of your email accounts under that domain.
Log in to Your SpamPanel
Now that SpamExperts is installed on your domain, there are two ways you can log in to manage your settings:
- Go to the SpamExperts page in your HostMonster control panel, and click Manage next to your domain.
- Log in directly at https://spamlogin.com by entering your domain or email address and your SpamPanel password.
Set Your SpamPanel Password
We recommend setting a password for your SpamPanel (the SpamExperts control panel) so you can log in directly, even if you don't plan to use it often. You'll only use this password when logging in from https://spamlogin.com — it isn't necessary when you log in through your HostMonster control panel. If you choose to set up a SpamExperts login for any of your email users, they'll log in from https://spamlogin.com as well.
- Log in to your HostMonster control panel.
- From Hosting > Home, go to the Email section and click the Premium Anti-spam icon for SpamExperts.
- On the SpamExperts page, scroll down to the domain table and find your domain, then click Manage. — If you've installed SpamExperts on multiple domains, you will have to do this separately for each one.
- Scroll down to the My Account section at the bottom right of your Dashboard, and click User's Profile.
- If you haven't created a password for your SpamExperts control panel before, enter one now. If you've set one before, you can update it here.
- Enter your email address. This is where the password reset link will be if you ever forget your Spam Panel password. It doesn't need to be associated with your hosting account.
- Click Save.
- Under Two Step Authentication, click Enable to generate a QR Code.
- Use an authenticator app to scan the QR code or manually enter the Key to add your SpamExperts account to your device.
- Enter the 6-digit code displayed in the app and click Finalize.
Two Step Authentication is optional, but it's a great way to increase your account security. Follow these steps to enable it on your SpamExperts login:
Reset Your SpamPanel Password
Follow these steps to reset a forgotten SpamPanel password:
- Go to https://spamlogin.com
- Enter your domain name
- Click Retrieve log-in link. An email will be sent to the email address in your SpamExperts User Profile with a link to reset your password.
Remember, you can always log in to SpamExperts through your HostMonster control panel without a password. If you can't remember which email address you set in your User Profile, follow steps 1–7 under Set Your SpamPanel Password above to manage your User Profile and reset your password.
The power to control spam is at your fingertips. But what are all of the icons in your SpamPanel for? What do they do? Where do you start? You don't need to do anything to set up your filter since it's all done automatically, but you can customize your filters, search logs, view reports, and do a variety of other things through our SpamPanel.
Keep reading if you'd rather just read the main points:
- Log Search. All email connections to a domain are logged and accessible for 14 days. You can search those logs on various strings, such as date range, subject, sender, recipient, classifications, status, and more.
- Spam Quarantine. The Spam quarantine interface displays all of your blocked messages. You can view, sort, search, and mass delete messages here.
- Incoming Delivery Queue. In the event your mail server is down, your incoming messages will be queued for delivery and displayed here, rather than being bounced.
- Local Recipients. This allows you to only allow messages from specified domains.
- Domain Statistics. See the statistics of your incoming email traffic for a given time frame.
- Filter Settings. Set your filter settings here.
- Report Spam. Teach the system how to filter your mail by uploading spam messages that weren't caught, or not spam messages that were caught.
- Clear Callout Cache. SpamExperts checks to see if the address from an incoming message exists by checking the cache, which refreshes every few hours. You can clear the cache here. This is useful if you've recently created or deleted an email address.
- Protection Reports. These reports contain an overview for quarantined messages based on your domain or users.
- Whitelist/Blacklist. You can whitelist or blacklist a specific sender or recipient's email address or domain here.
- Webinterface Users. Manage your email users and permissions here.