HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code
This article describes how to obtain a transfer Authorization Code (Auth Code) for .com, .net, .org, .info, .us, .biz and .name domain names from the most common registrars. If you are unsure who your registrar is, perform a lookup on the domain name you wish to transfer. Look at the Registrar Information section. This will list your current domain name registrar. Simply follow instructions listed below for that particular registrar to obtain your domain name's authorization code.
How to obtain a Transfer Authorization ( EPP ) Code
Registrar Specific Instructions
This article describes how to obtain a transfer Authorization Code (Auth Code) for .com, .net, .org, .info, .us, .biz and .name domain names from the most common registrars. Perform a whois search on the domain name you wish to transfer. Look at the registrar field. This whois field will list your current domain name registrar. Simply follow instructions listed below for that particular registrar to obtain your domain name's authorization code.
4Domains.com | Address Creation | AIT Domains | AW Registry | BulkRegister.com | Directi | DirectNIC | Domain Monger | Dotster® | EnCirca | eNom, Inc. | GoDaddy.com | iPower | Joker.com | Melbourne IT | Names4Ever | NamesDirect | NameScout | NameSecure | NameZero | Network Solutions® | Register.com® | Stargate | Tucows | Verio
Don't see your registrar listed? Check any help or knowledge base available on your current registrar's site. If your registrar doesn't have a an article on Authorization Codes or Auth Codes, email your existing registrar's customer support from the domain's administrative contact address and request your Authorization Code or Auth Code for a particular domain name. If you are told a .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO, .US or .NAME domain name does not have an authorization code, then the registrar is mistaken. Be persistent! Registrars are contractually required to provide auth codes upon registrant request. If you still can't get any where with your current registrar please contact us. We'd be happy to help.
4Domains.comFor this registrar, Auth Code is simply your domain management password.
Address CreationEmail technical support at email@example.com from domain's administrative contact email address requesting domain's Authorization Code.
AIT DomainsSend a transfer request via an online support ticket initiated at http://aitdomains.com/tickets.htm. Request that they send domain's Authorization Code.
AW RegistryEmail registration support at firstname.lastname@example.org from domain's Administrative email address requesting a domain's Authorization Code.
BulkRegister.comEmail email@example.com from domain's ‘Admin’ contact. If reseller is listed as ‘Admin’ contact, call or email reseller and ask for your domain's Authorization Code (Auth Code).
- Login to Control Panel at http://manage.directi.com/customer
- Go to Domains » Search » Domain Registration Search, and search for domain name that you wish to transfer away.
- In the Orders List View that appears, click on the Domain Name.
- On the next page you would find the "Domain Transfer Secret" which is what Directi calls the Authorization Code.
- Login into account at https://secure.directnic.com/myaccount/.
- Submit a Trouble Ticket requesting domain's Authinfo code. Authorization code is usually first three letters of a domain and the domain id (available by searching for your domain at Registry operator's whois site).
Create a support ticket at http://manage.domainmonger.com/contactus.html requesting your domain's Authorization Code (Auth Code).
- Log into your account at http://www.dotster.com.
- From the Quick List, click on the Domain Name you wish to transfer
- Scroll down to bottom of Domain Detail Page, click "Request Transfer Authorization Code" link to obtain the Auth code. It will be sent to domain's administrative contact email address within minutes.
EnCirca requires registrants to set the auth code themselves. To set an auth code, simply login to your account at https://www.encirca.biz/myaccount/ and modify the domain by selecting the 'modify domain'. Enter your desired auth code into "Authorization Info" box, select 'continue' and then 'commit' to save your changes.
- Login to eNom account at http://www.enom.com/Login.asp
- Choose menu option DOMAINS, my domains
- Click on the link for specific domain name that you wish to work with which brings up the domain control panel.
- On domain control panel, scroll down to UTILITIES, click » Contact/WhoIs Information option.
- At the bottom of the contact info page you will see the domain name authorization key.
If you do not have a direct eNom account, contact your reseller to obtain a domain's Authorization Code. If reseller's name is unknown, go to the eNom "help" page at http://www.enom.com/help/ and enter your domain name in the "Reseller Information Retrieval Tool."
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- In the My Products section, click Domains.
- Click the domain for which you want to retrieve the authorization code.
- In the Authorization Code field, click the Send by Email hyperlink.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again. The code will be sent to the e-mail on file with GoDaddy.
- Go to manage.opensrs.net and enter your Domain Name, Username and Password to your iPower web account.
- Go down to Domain Locking and disable locking
- Then click on Domain Extras and you will be presented with the EPP or authorization code.
- Log in at http://www.joker.com.
- Browse to the service zone for a domain.
- Request "AUTH-ID"
Go to the PASSWORD RECOVERY page and enter your domain name. The EPP Code will be emailed to the admin contact.
Transfer Auth Code is your Names4Ever.com account password.
- Log into account at http://www.namesdirect.com/.
- In the Quick List, click on the domain name you wish to transfer.
- Scroll down and click "Request Transfer Authorization Code" link near page bottom to obtain domain's Auth code. It will be emailed directly to domain's administrative email address.
Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org from the domain owner's email address as it appears in their records (consult Whois). In the request, list your domain names and ask that your authorization codes be sent.
Please contact NameSecure Customer Service with a list of your domain names requesting they provide your domain authorization codes.
- Log into account at http://www.namezero.com/.
- Click on the Domain Name you wish to transfer.
- On Domain Detail page, scroll down to bottom and click "Request Transfer Authorization Code" to obtain domain's Auth code. It will be e-mailed to the domain's administrative email address on file.
Call Network Solutions 24 hour support line at (888) 642-9675. Request the Authorization Code for a particular domain. They will send authorization code to the domain's ‘Admin’ contact email address.
Login to your account at http://mydomain.register.com/. Within Account Management, click on a Domain Name to view its details. It's Auth Code is listed on the domain details page.
Login to your account at https://www.stargateinc.com/us/account/login.asp. Click on the link "Get AuthInfo Code."
TucowsAuth code located in account within the Domain Details at http://manage.opensrs.net. Obtain Username and password from reseller.
Request your domain's Authorization Code by sending an email to email@example.com from ‘Admin’ contact. They will send the Auth Code.