HostMonster Web Hosting Help
VPS or Dedicated - How to login in to WHM
To login to WHM you will need to have first created a Root password. This article will explain how to set the Root password and then how to login to WHM.
Setting your Root password
- Login to your HostMonster Control Panel
- Click the Server Quicklink
- Locate the Access Management - root section
- Enter a new root password.
The root account is the user with read and write privileges to all files and folders on your server. Make sure that this password can not easily be guessed and is not a password used for other accounts.
Logging in to WHM
The root password must be set before you can login to WHM.
Normally if your domain is already pointed at and resolving to HostMonster name servers and the server IP, you can login at the following URL
If that doesn't work, you'll need to know your servers IP address.
- Log into your cPanel.
- On the far right of the menu bar, click on Manage IPs.
- Look under the "Type" column for "Primary Server." That is your servers IP. With your server IP, you can login to the WHM at either of the following URLs:
https://your.server.ip:2087(For SSL login)
No matter which URL you use to access the WHM login screen, you must use the following credentials:
Password: Your newly created root password