HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Log Locations On Dedicated/VPS
There are two main locations where logs are kept on Dedicated and VPS servers. The /usr/local/cpanel/logs directory and the /var/log/ directory. Here is a list of the logs common to each directory.
- access_log: cPanel access log for both cPanel and WHM
- error_log: cPanel error log
- license_log: cPanel license log
- login_log: cPanel user login log
- melange.log: cPanel chat server log
- melange_msg.log: cPanel chat server message log
- stats_log: cPanel web stats log
- messages: Contains global system messages like mail, cron, daemon, kern, auth, etc.
- bandwidth: cPanel total bandwidth logs for the entire server
- chkservd.log: chkservd service log
- clamav: clamav log directory
- cpupdate.log: cPanel update log
- exim_mainlog: Exim email transaction log
- exim_paniclog: Exim error log
- exim_rejectlog: Exim rejected email log
- maillog: Transaction and login log for all mail services
- pgsql: PostgreSQL log file
cPanel keeps the domain weblogs in the /usr/local/cpanel/domlogs directory for each domain name that is hosted on the server. This includes FTP transfer logs for each account.