HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Email Client Setup: Outlook 2003
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook 2003 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
- Select the Tools menu.
- Select Accounts.
- Choose "Add a new email account".
- Click the Next button.
- Please choose your account type. You may select either POP or IMAP. Click here for an explanation on the differences between POP3 and IMAP.
- Click the Next button. This will load the email Accounts window.
- Enter your Name, as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages.
- Type your Email Address.
- Enter your email address as the User Name.
- Enter your email Password.
- Enter mail.example.com as the Mail Server.
- The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your incoming mail server. Again, this will be something like mail.example.com.
- Click the More Settings button.
Once you have clicked the More Settings button you will be presented with a pop-up window with the advanced settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" checkbox.
- Make sure that it is using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 995 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 110.
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 993 for your port. Otherwise leave the port at 143.
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, please click the checkbox and select 465 for your port. Otherwise change the port to 26.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Next button on the Email Accounts window.
- Click the Finish button.
You should now be able to send and receive email.
Knowledgebase Article 303,551 views bookmark
sharetags: email imap outlook pop
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express.
Knowledgebase Article 454,867 views tags: configuration configure email express imap outlook pop setup
How to setup your HostMonster-hosted email address with an email application.
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Mac
Related Help Content
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2013
How to setup an email account in Outlook 2016 for Windows
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2010
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2007
How do I add my HostMonster email account to Outlook 2002?
Knowledgebase Article 299,766 views tags: email emailclient outlook setup
How to setup an email account in Outlook
So, you want to access your email, eh? You're going to need an email client for that. But what is an email client? Email clients come in two varieties: webmail and email applications.
How do I avoid Outlook IMAP timeout errors?