HostMonster Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX 2004
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004?
File Transfer - Dreamweaver - Version MX 2004 - Connecting and Uploading
- Open DreamWeaver MX 2004. Click on Site and choose Manage Sites.
- Click the New button and choose Site.
- Under the Advanced Tab, fill in the Site name and HTTP Address (your domain name).
- Click the Remote Info category.Set Access Type to FTP.
- Make sure host is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of the server.
- Type public_html as the host directory.
- Type in your username and password and click OK at the bottom.*
- Click Done in the Manage Sites Window.
- Now open your website and click Site and choose Put.
- Dreamweaver will upload your files to the server.
Note: The username should be the 8 character username you received in your sign up confirmation email. However if a web developer or other 3rd party is connecting to your site please create a new FTP user for the other party. Your "main" username and password should not be given out to 3rd parties who just need ftp access.