HostMonster Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX?
Configuring FTP for Dreamweaver (Version MX)
- Open DreamWeaver MX. Click on Site and choose New Site.
- Click on the Advanced Tab. For site name, enter a phrase that describes your site. Dreamweaver will choose a local root folder for you. Also, enter your HTTP address and click on the Remote Info category.
- Change Access to FTP. Then enter your FTP Host which is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of your server. For Host Directory please type in public_html. Then enter your login name and password. The login name will be the character username you received in your sign up confirmation email.
- Still on the same screen, place a check in Automatically upload files to the server on save.
- Click on the connect to remote site button.
- Make sure the second drop down reads Remote View. You will see a list of files in your public_html folder.
- Double-click any file, edit it, and choose save. Dreamweaver will automatically update it on the server.
- Should you ever add images or other files that need to be uploaded, select local view from the site drop down.
- Select the files that need uploading and click the PUT button (up arrow).
Knowledgebase Article 94,618 views bookmark
sharetags: dreamweaver ftp (updated 1999 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004? (updated 1492 days ago)
How do I setup CuteFTP 8.2 for FTP? (updated 1012 days ago)
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5 (updated 29 days ago)
Related Help Content
How do I connect and upload via FTP with WS_FTP? (updated 1986 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 84,502 views tags: ftp
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Adobe GoLive? (updated 1999 days ago)
How do I upload my web site? (updated 406 days ago)
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP? (updated 1011 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 84,646 views tags: client configure dream file information party program protocol set setup steps transfer
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password. (updated 23 days ago)
Video "How-to" Tutorial 468,819 views tags: account accounts cpanelutilities ftp login publish upload
Publish with NVU site builder (updated 1967 days ago)
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site? (updated 533 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 299,090 views tags: client configure file filezilla ftp party set settings setup zilla