HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Account Level Email Filtering
Account Level Filtering allows the selection of messages that contain certain string of text or other symbols, and process or discard them.
Creating an Account Level Filter
- Click the Account Level Filtering icon, located in the Mail section.
- Click Manage Filters next to the account for which you wish to add filters.
- To add a filter, click Create a new Filter.
- Create a new Filter
- In the Filter Name field type in a unique name for the filter.
- From the Rules options you should choose the rules a mail should match in order to be filtered.
- From the Actions drop-down menu you should choose what action should be performed when a mail matches a rule in the filter.
- To enable the filter, click Activate.
- A and B or C will be processed as (A and B) or C.
- If you wish to create a filter such as (A or B) and (C or D), you would have to create it like so:
(A and C) or (A and D) or (B and C) or (B and D).
Note: Please note that e-mail filtering does not leave a copy of the e-mail in the box you apply the filter for.
Note: A word about operators: When you create a filter using several operators, it may be useful to note that cPanel will always process the "and" operator before the "or" operator. As a result, email filters will be processed as follows:
Knowledgebase Article 64,215 views bookmark
sharetags: account email filtering level (updated 943 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How does a person change the Password, create an Autoresponder and setup Email Filtering on their individual email account without logging into the main account control panel? (updated 287 days ago)
What is SpamExperts? (updated 326 days ago)
Learn how to create an email account associated with your domain name (updated 533 days ago)
Related Help Content
To setup an email address for your domain name is easily accomplished within the control panel (cPanel). Mail section where Email icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the (updated 1 day ago)
All of my email folders are missing. How can I get them to show up? (updated 1547 days ago)
Where do I Change my Mailbox (Size) Quota? How do I Increase or Decrease Mailbox (Storage) Quota? (updated 533 days ago)
I am getting a large amount of SPAM in my mail account. I have SPAM filters on, but they are still getting through. (updated 364 days ago)
How do I setup an email filter? (updated 964 days ago)
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail (updated 769 days ago)
How do I find the settings to configure my email account? (updated 944 days ago)