HostMonster Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup and Publish with Web Easy Pro
- Go to the tools menu, click options, select Programs, under website publishing programs select default publish assistant and click ok to close the window.
- Click tools menu again, click Publish Assistant and click next.
- Click the button labeled Connect.
- In the Connection Profile window, type in a name for the profile like your domain name. Then, where it says Host name or IP address: type in ftp.yourdomainname.com or the server IP address.
- Where it says User identifier: type in your user name (sent to you in the welcome email, it is 8 digits and similar to your domain name.)
- User password: type in your account password (Also sent to you in the welcome email.)
- Now, click the tab named General in the same Connection Profile window. In the Initial remote folder field type in: public_html/
- For the main domain: public_html/
- Addon Domains, type in: public_html/addonfoldernamehere/ Note: The name for the addon domain folder can be found in your account cpanel by clicking addon domains, it will be listed next to the domain. For example:If the addon domain name is http://www.abc.com the folder would be named abc and the full path would be: public_html/abc/
- Under the WWW Site tab in the same Connection Profile window, where is says World Wide Web URL type in http://www.yourdomainnamehere.com and select the primary page as index.htm
- After all these settings have been entered, click ok.
- You will immediately see a message stating:
- The last message from the server is:
- your user has group access to:
- your user OK.
- Current restricted directory is /
- You may close this window.
- Click next and proceed to publish.
Knowledgebase Article 148,075 views bookmark
sharetags: easy ftp professional publish web
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
Knowledgebase Article 647,463 views tags: client configure file filezilla ftp party set settings setup zilla
How do I publish my website using Microsoft Publisher 2007
This article explains how to setup a SiteLock FTP account.
Related Help Content
How do I publish my Web site using Publisher?
How do I upload my web site?
These steps will help you setup FrontPage® to be compatible with different web browsers and to be able to publish using FTP, so that you don't have to rely on the FrontPage® extensions. Select Tool
This article explains how to publish your site through FTP on Dreamweaver 2014
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Video "How-to" Tutorial 814,776 views tags: account accounts cpanelutilities ftp login publish upload
This article will explain how to use Easy Apache to recompile Apache. This is useful if you want to change the version of PHP or change other PHP and Apache settings.
Knowledgebase Article 34,786 views tags: apache build compile dedi dedicated easy modules version vps
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.