To transfer the ownership of your domain to another person, you will need to disable (pause) whois privacy, unlock your domain and retrieve the EPP code.
Disabling Whois Privacy
- Login to your cPanel
- Choose the Domains tab
- Select the domain that you wish to modify (on the left side of your screen)
- Click the privacy tab (on the right side)
- Click the button that says to pause domain privacy
- Next Click the tab labeled "contacts" (on the right side)
- Update the information listed and click the button "update contact information"
Unlocking the Domain
Obtaining the EPP code
- Following the above steps, you shoold still be in the Domain Manager with your domain selected
- Click the Lock tab to the right of your domain name
- Click the button "Unlock Your Domain"
- In the Domain Manager, select the Transfer EPP tab to the right of your domain name
- Copy the code which is the key to allow transfer.
Once done you will need to contact the new owner and provide them the EPP code. Let them know they can now request the domain to transfer to any Domain registrar of their choosing and setup domain hosting in their name.
Recommended Help Content
As the registrar, we will assist in the following domain dispute, providing the specific criteria is met. The domain has been moved without the domain owner's consent by means of the password or EPP c (updated 1137 days ago)
Why does a domain transfer fail and what can you do about it. (updated 464 days ago)
I am trying to transfer a domain(s) from my current registrar to hostmonster. When I fill out the transfer form I cannot get beyond step 2/4. There does not seem to be any "submit" or "next" (updated 2007 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to transfer a domain name you have registered to us. (updated 24 days ago)
How do I transfer my domain's registration to HostMonster? Is it required to transfer my domain's registration to HostMonster? (updated 668 days ago)
Transfer Domain Registration: When a domain registration is transferred to us, we must register the domain name for a minimum of one (1) year. We only accept registrations for the .com, .net, .org, . (updated 416 days ago)
How to transfer a domain name that is registered with us to another registrar. (updated 921 days ago)
What if I do not want to or cannot transfer my registration to HostMonster? (updated 1193 days ago)
What steps are necessary if I decide to transfer a domain to another registrar? (updated 870 days ago)
I need an EPP authorization code to transfer my domain to another registrar. (updated 979 days ago)
ISNIC is giving me the following error about my domain: Unable to transfer zone DOMAIN.IS from ns1.HostMonster.com (184.108.40.206) Unable to transfer zone DOMAIN.IS from ns2. (updated 1193 days ago)