HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Backup Restore from previous host to HostMonster
How do I restore my old hosting provider backup onto HostMonster?
The best way to restore a backup without using SSH is to use File Manager in the cPanel.
- Create a folder on your HostMonster account called temp1.
- Upload the tar.gz file from other hosting into the temp1 folder .
- Extract the contents of the file by clicking on the name of the file and click the Extract icon along the top bar of the File Manager. This will extract the backup into the temp1 folder.
- Move contents of the backup into the appropriate folder like the HTML files into the /public_html directory. Right click on the file/folder to select the Move option.
- If you move a folder you will need to make sure the permissions are set to 755.
Knowledgebase Article 80,575 views bookmark
sharetags: backup restore (updated 2021 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How to restore individual files or folders with the Site Backup & Restore tool (updated 1354 days ago)
How to restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool (updated 1221 days ago)
How to restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool (updated 994 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to backup individual files or folders with the Site Backup Pro tool (updated 206 days ago)
How to backup all of your MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool (updated 1355 days ago)
Site Backup & Restore tool displays unexpected dates. (updated 1413 days ago)
How to download a full cPanel backup using the Site Backup & Restore (updated 606 days ago)
How to restore Email Messages the Site Backup Pro tool (updated 605 days ago)
ow to manage your backups using Site Backup and Restore (updated 206 days ago)
What is the HostMonster backup policy? What kinds of backups are available? (updated 878 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 111,285 views tags: accounts back backup backups copy expired policy restore storage