HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Backup Restore from previous host to HostMonster
How do I restore my old hosting provider backup onto HostMonster?
The best way to restore a backup without using SSH is to use File Manager in the cPanel.
- Create a folder on your HostMonster account called temp1.
- Upload the tar.gz file from other hosting into the temp1 folder .
- Extract the contents of the file by clicking on the name of the file and click the Extract icon along the top bar of the File Manager. This will extract the backup into the temp1 folder.
- Move contents of the backup into the appropriate folder like the HTML files into the /public_html directory. Right click on the file/folder to select the Move option.
- If you move a folder you will need to make sure the permissions are set to 755.
Knowledgebase Article 80,237 views bookmark
sharetags: backup restore (updated 2014 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How to restore individual files or folders with the Site Backup & Restore tool (updated 1347 days ago)
How to restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool (updated 1214 days ago)
How to restore MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool (updated 987 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to backup individual files or folders with the Site Backup Pro tool (updated 199 days ago)
How to backup all of your MySQL databases using the Site Backup & Restore tool (updated 1347 days ago)
Site Backup & Restore tool displays unexpected dates. (updated 1406 days ago)
How to download a full cPanel backup using the Site Backup & Restore (updated 599 days ago)
How to restore Email Messages the Site Backup Pro tool (updated 598 days ago)
ow to manage your backups using Site Backup and Restore (updated 198 days ago)
What is the HostMonster backup policy? What kinds of backups are available? (updated 870 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 110,741 views tags: accounts back backup backups copy expired policy restore storage