HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Modifying Name Servers (Registered through HostMonster)
If you purchased your domain from HostMonster, then you can manage it online by using the Domain Manager and going to the Name Servers tab. Please note: Any changes to nameservers can take up to 72 hours to propagate.
If you did NOT purchase your domain from us, we are not able to change the name servers because we don't control the domain. Please contact the domain registrar (place where you bought the domain) and ask how to make the name server updates. Most domain registrars have a tool so you can do this yourself. Then you will remove the current name servers and replace them with the name servers from your welcome email.
Updating the Name Servers
- Login to your HostMonster Control Panel.
- Click the domain tab at the top of the account.
- Choose your domain name by putting a check mark next to it. The right side will populate with tabs.
- Please click the Name Servers tab
- Select Use Custom Nameservers
- Enter in the new name servers.
- Click Save Nameserver Settings
For more information about how to update other DNS records such as CNAME, TXT, SRV or A records, please read our DNS changes article.