HostMonster Web Hosting Help
osCommerce Lost Password Fix
SummaryOSComerce does not have an easy to use Password Reset tool. Instead you will need to remove the existing administrator account and then create a new one.
How to Reset Your OSCommerce Administrator Account
- Login to your hostmonster Control Panel
- Click the phpMyAdmin icon, located in the Databases section of the cPanel.
- From the left hand side of the page, choose your osCommerce database name (typically something like _osc1).
- Again, from the left hand side choose the table named administrators.
- Click the tab labeled Empty, located about the middle of the page.
- You will be prompted, "Do you really want to : TRUNCATE TABLE 'administrators' ?", Click the OK button.
- Now return to your osCommerce site and try to login to the admin area. The site will state that there is not currently a user, so you can be the first.
- Enter the desired admin name and password into the login area and click the Login button.
- Nothing will seem to happen, but your site just accepted your submission as the new administrator user.
- Again login with the newly created administrator username and password you just typed in the previous step.
Knowledgebase Article 10,020 views bookmark
sharetags: oscommerce (updated 928 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
When FAQMasterFlex is installed in a subdirectory on an account and the administrator tries to login to the faq_admin.php page, the program will not accept the administrator username and password. (updated 1719 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 49,503 views tags: password
This article will explain how to change the password for a database in the event that the original password is lost. (updated 921 days ago)
How do I grant permissions to cPanel for my MySQL database administrator without giving them the domain password? (updated 2123 days ago)
Related Help Content
This tutorial will show you how you can password protect parts of your website by password protecting the folder(s) on your account. (updated 306 days ago)
What should I do if I am having problems with multiple password prompts on my password protected directory? (updated 2127 days ago)
How do I change my Control Panel password? (updated 29 days ago)
This article explains the different password types for your hostmonster account. (updated 27 days ago)
I am prompted to set a new MySQL password. What does this mean and how do I change it? (updated 1069 days ago)
This article will explain how to change or reset the password for a MySQL user. (updated 42 days ago)
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail (updated 115 days ago)