HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How To Setup Dreamweaver CS5
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5
Configuring FTP for Dreamweaver (Version CS5)
The message Dreamweaver connected to your Web server successfully indicates that you successfully connected to the FTP server.
- Open Dreamweaver CS5. Click on Site and choose New Site.
- For site name, enter a phrase that describes your site.
- Click Servers from the left hand side.
- Click the + button to add a server.
- Enter a server name.
- Connect using FTP Then enter your FTP Host which is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of your server.
- Host or Root Directory should be public_html if this is your main site with us.
- Enter your login name and password. The login name will be the character username you received in your sign up confirmation email, if you do not know it please log into the cPanel from www.HostMonster.com and go into FTP accounts, it is the 8 character one, the password is the same password you set up when you created your account.
- Click more options.
- Click use passive FTP.
- Save this information and try to connect.
To continue troubleshooting, proceed to the section, Verify login credentials. If you were unable to log in to your FTP server please check your firewall and make the needed changes in order to allow ftp traffic. (Port 20 and 21)
To check your ports HostMonster has provided this tool at this Link.
Note: HostMonster does support SFTP.
Knowledgebase Article 445,559 views bookmark
sharetags: dreamweaver ftp
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004?
Knowledgebase Article 207,018 views tags: dreamweaver ftp
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX?
Knowledgebase Article 226,413 views tags: dreamweaver ftp
This article explains how to publish your site through FTP on Dreamweaver 2014
Knowledgebase Article 114,268 views tags: cc dreamweaver ftp
Related Help Content
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
Knowledgebase Article 878,862 views tags: client configure file filezilla ftp party set settings setup zilla
How do I upload my web site?
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
Knowledgebase Article 218,522 views tags: client configure dream file information party program protocol set setup steps transfer
How can I connect to our MySQL database from Dreamweaver?
Knowledgebase Article 233,407 views tags: connecting database dream mysql weaver
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
Video "How-to" Tutorial 278,882 views tags: dreamweaver
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Video "How-to" Tutorial 1,070,223 views tags: account accounts cpanelutilities ftp login publish upload