HostMonster Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX
Configuring FTP for Dreamweaver (Version MX)
- Open DreamWeaver MX. Click on Site and choose New Site.
- Click on the Advanced Tab. For site name, enter a phrase that describes your site. Dreamweaver will choose a local root folder for you. Also, enter your HTTP address and click on the Remote Info category.
- Change Access to FTP. Then enter your FTP Host which is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of your server. For Host Directory please type in public_html. Then enter your login name and password. The login name will be the character username you received in your sign up confirmation email.
- Still on the same screen, place a check in Automatically upload files to the server on save.
- Click on the connect to remote site button.
- Make sure the second drop down reads Remote View. You will see a list of files in your public_html folder.
- Double-click any file, edit it, and choose save. Dreamweaver will automatically update it on the server.
- Should you ever add images or other files that need to be uploaded, select local view from the site drop down.
- Select the files that need uploading and click the PUT button (up arrow).
Recommended Help Content
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004?
This article explains how to publish your site through FTP on Dreamweaver 2014
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5
Related Help Content
How do I upload my web site?
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
Knowledgebase Article 231,045 views tags: client configure dream file information party program protocol set setup steps transfer
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Video "How-to" Tutorial 1,099,004 views tags: account accounts cpanelutilities ftp login publish upload
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
Knowledgebase Article 899,799 views tags: client configure file filezilla ftp party set settings setup zilla
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
Video "How-to" Tutorial 289,258 views tags: dreamweaver
How do I publish my website using Microsoft Publisher 2007