HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Parked Domain Definition
Parked domains are basically an alias domain name to your primary domain, it will be pointing to the same webpages as your primary domain is pointing to, i.e. multiple domains, same website.
primarydomain.com/index.htm and parkeddomain.com/index.htm will point to the same webpage "index.htm".
Domain Registration vs Hosting
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- Verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.hostmonster and ns2.hostmonster
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
- Choose Parked Domain
- Addon Domain: An Addon domain name will function as its own separate domain name or website.
- Parked Domain: A Parked domain name will load the same the site located in your public_html, your main domain name.
- Click the "Add Domain" button at the bottom of the page to assign the domain.
- Once complete you should see the domain is listed in the Domain Manager tab.