HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Account Level Email Filtering
Account Level Filtering allows the selection of messages that contain certain string of text or other symbols, and process or discard them.
Creating an Account Level Filter
- Click the Account Level Filtering icon, located in the Mail section.
- Click Manage Filters next to the account for which you wish to add filters.
- To add a filter, click Create a new Filter.
- Create a new Filter
- In the Filter Name field type in a unique name for the filter.
- From the Rules options you should choose the rules a mail should match in order to be filtered.
- From the Actions drop-down menu you should choose what action should be performed when a mail matches a rule in the filter.
- To enable the filter, click Activate.
- A and B or C will be processed as (A and B) or C.
- If you wish to create a filter such as (A or B) and (C or D), you would have to create it like so:
(A and C) or (A and D) or (B and C) or (B and D).
Note: Please note that e-mail filtering does not leave a copy of the e-mail in the box you apply the filter for.
Note: A word about operators: When you create a filter using several operators, it may be useful to note that cPanel will always process the "and" operator before the "or" operator. As a result, email filters will be processed as follows:
Knowledgebase Article 33,699 views bookmark
sharetags: account email filtering level (updated 583 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How to backup Email Filters the Site Backup & Restore tool (updated 582 days ago)
How does a person change the Password, create an Autoresponder and setup Email Filtering on their individual email account without logging into the main account control panel? (updated 597 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 84,225 views tags: aging auto autoresponder filter filtering password responder
What is SpamExperts? (updated 18 days ago)
Related Help Content
Learn how to create an email account associated with your domain name (updated 173 days ago)
To setup an email address for your domain name is easily accomplished within the control panel (cPanel). Mail section where Email icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the (updated 10 days ago)
All of my email folders are missing. How can I get them to show up? (updated 1186 days ago)
Where do I Change my Mailbox (Size) Quota? How do I Increase or Decrease Mailbox (Storage) Quota? (updated 172 days ago)
I am getting a large amount of SPAM in my mail account. I have SPAM filters on, but they are still getting through. (updated 4 days ago)
How do I setup an email filter? (updated 604 days ago)
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail (updated 409 days ago)