HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Setting Up Mozilla Thunderbird
- Select the Tools menu
- Select Account Settings
- Click the Account Actions button
- Click Add Mail Account.
- Enter your Name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing mail messages.
- Enter your full Email address
- Enter your Email password
- Click the Continue button
- Thunderbird will now attempt to setup the account automatically. It will create an IMAP account and will not use SSL.
- Once the automatic setup has completed click Manual Config.
- For the incoming and outgoing server enter mail.yourdomain.com replace yourdomain.com with your domain name.
- Enter your full email address as the User Name
- Enter your entire email address as the User Name for both incoming and outgoing.
- Click Retest
- Click Done.
- If you are prompted with a security warning select permanently store this exception. Then click Confirm Security Exception.
Other Popular Email Clients
Managing / Uploading Files
Getting Started Article
Share or save this via:
tags: email emailclient setup
(updated 18 days ago)
sharetags: email emailclient setup (updated 18 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How to setup an email account using Mozilla Thunderbird, Thunderbird is a great cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS and Linux) free email client. (updated 964 days ago)
How to backup and restore profiles in Mozilla Thunderbird. (updated 2106 days ago)
Configuring your email client: Thunderbird (Mozilla) (updated 964 days ago)
Related Help Content
2003 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary. Select the 'Tools' menu. Select Accounts. Click on the "Add a new E-mail account" op (updated 919 days ago)
Windows Live Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live. This tutorial will show you how to setup your email account in Windows Live Mail. (updated 383 days ago)
This article will explain how to setup an email account in the Windows 10 mail application. (updated 2 days ago)
All of my email folders are missing. How can I get them to show up? (updated 1696 days ago)
I get an error sending with Thunderbird, I can receive fine and I tried sending on Port 26 and it still does not work. How do I fix this problem? (updated 2124 days ago)
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Yahoo! Mail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in Yahoo! Mail. (updated 649 days ago)
Instructions for setting up KMail (updated 912 days ago)