HostMonster Web Hosting Help
SSL Installation of Self-Signed Certificate
Before you can use a Private SSL Self-Signed Certificate with your HostMonster hosted domain, we require your account to have a dedicated IP address. You can add a dedicated IP address to your hosting service from the Addons section of your Control Panel.
- Accessing the SSL/TLS Manager tool
- Generate a Private Keys (KEY)
- Generate a Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)
- Add your Certificate (CRT)
- Log into your HostMonster cPanel
- Open the TLS/SSL Manager tool, located in the Security section of the cPanel.
- Click on Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys
- Under the Generate a New Key section, select the desired domain from the drop-down list and select Key Size 2048 or 1024
- Press the Generate button
- Your private key will be displayed. Click Return to SSL Manager
- Back in the SSL Manager page, click Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.
- Host: Choose your Main Domain Name
- Country: Enter the 2 digit code for the country in which you reside.
- State: Enter your State or Locality (Do not abbreviate).
- City: Enter the City (Do not abbreviate).
- Company: Enter your Company Name.
- Company Division: (Optional) You may use this to distinguish between departments.
- Email: Enter the address the certificate should be sent to.
- Pass Phrase: Enter a phrase to use for the passphrase (password).
- Press the Generate button.
- If you have entered valid information, you will be shown your CSR. (if it looks blank, click back and correct any information)
- Return to the SSL manager and click Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates
- Either paste your SSL Cert in the box or click the Upload button to upload the crt file.
- Click the Generate button.
- Contact us via Phone or Live Chat to request your KEY and CRT be installed on the server.