HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How to Access the System Console
There are various reasons to access the system console. You can manage your server from the command line here. .
If you have not set your root password, please see: Setting your Root Password
- To begin, log into your Control Panel.
- Once logged in, you'll want to go to the server tab
- On the Server tab choose the System Console tab.
- Click the View console only button.
This will open your system console (a large black window) and should say server login, if not press enter and it will appear.
- Now you'll want to log in as the root user.
server login: root
password: your root password
Please note that you will not be able to see your password.
- Press the Enter/Return key to enter the password.
That's it. You are now logged into your server as the root user.