HostMonster Web Hosting Help
File Manager - Uploading Files
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a different explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Edtiting Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
To upload a file through cPanel's File Manager, please do the following:
- Login to cPanel and open the File Manager.
- Choose to open Web Root and Show hidden files.
- Navigate to the folder where you want the upload to be located.
- Click on the Upload icon from the top toolbar
- Click the Browse box (Some web browsers will have a Choose File box instead).
- Locate the file on your computer that you wish to upload.
- Once the file has been selected, it will automatically upload. You may select additional files while uploads are in progress.
If you are wanting to share your uploaded file publicly, but are unsure of the proper URL, please look at our Finding the URL of a File article.
Knowledgebase Article 47,120 views bookmark
sharetags: cpanel (updated 810 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
This article will walk you through extracting compressed files using the File Manager. (updated 802 days ago)
This article will walk you through copying and moving files using the File Manager. (updated 816 days ago)
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager. (updated 817 days ago)
Related Help Content
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We (updated 1007 days ago)
This article will walk you through navigating the File Manager. (updated 815 days ago)
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it. (updated 817 days ago)
Learn how to see how many files you have on your account using the File Count tool in the cPanel. (updated 564 days ago)
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager. (updated 802 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 37,577 views tags:
The Legacy File Manager will allow you to manage almost everything about your files, you can use it to upload, download, edit the code, change permissions and more! (updated 1550 days ago)
This article will explain how to utilize the IP Deny Manager tool in cPanel. (updated 18 days ago)