HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How To Backup & Restore WordPress Using WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to use WordPress Tools to backup or restore your WordPress site. You may want to do this if the site is malfunctioning or has lost data
Click on any of the tasks to jump to that point in the guide.
Access The Backup Panel
- Click on the "WordPress Tools" tab at the top of the account.
- Click the "Backup" link on the left side.
Backup a WordPress Site
- Using the "Select WordPress" dropdown, choose the WordPress site that you want to backup.
- Click the "Create New" button to the right of "Saved Backups".
Restore a WordPress Site Backup
Doing a restore will completely erase the current WordPress site and replace it with the one from the backup so be sure you restore the correct backup. It is recommended you take a new backup of the current site before restoring it to an older date.
- Using the "Select WordPress" dropdown, choose the WordPress site that you want to restore from a backup.
- Under "Saved Backups", find the backup you date want to restore from.
- Click the "Restore" button next to that backup.
You will receive a popup message that states:
"The current WordPress installation will be completely replaced and this operation can not be undone. Are you sure you want to continue?"Click Ok to continue.
When the restore is finished, you will receive another message:
"Reload this page to see the changes from the restored backup?"Click Ok to continue.
The backups panel will be reloaded. You can now visit or login to your restored site.