HostMonster Web Hosting Help
What Is A Subdomain And How Does It Work? How To Create A Subdomain
This article will explain how to create a subdomain. Subdomains allow you host multiple websites or other services with one domain name.
What is a Subdomain
Subdomains are are attached to the front of your main domain. They usually follow the form subdomain.maindomain.com. They behave very simmilar to a normal domain. You can point them to a folder to host a website just like a normal domain name.
Accessing the Subdomain Menu
- Log in to your HostMonster cPanel account.
- Click the Domains tab at the top of your account.
- Click On Subdomains on the submenu.
- Log in to your HostMonster account.
- Click the Domains tab from the side-navigation to the left.
- Click on Subdomains from the drop-down menu that appears.
Creating a Subdomain
- Enter the desired subdomain
- Choose one of your Domain Names from the drop-down list
- Enter the Document Root, this is the folder that contains the website you want to show.
- Click Create.
Knowledgebase Article 477,019 views bookmark
sharetags: add addon dns domain park subdomain
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
What is the difference between parked domains and addon domains?
How do I FTP to my addon domains and subdomains without interfering with my main account.
Do you support wildcard subdomains or wildcard DNS entries?
Related Help Content
How do I stop people from being able to use the addon domain as a subdomain of the primary domain?
I do not want to see addon.maindomain.com. How do I do that?
Knowledgebase Article 299,243 views tags: accessible addon directory domain folders hidden htaccess inaccessible primary secondary
What is an Addon domain?
How do I setup an addon domain or parked domain in my hosting account?
How can I host only a subdomain on my hosting service provided by HostMonster?
This article will explain how to un-assign a domain name from your account.
You need two things to have a successful website and professional email: a domain registration and a hosting account.
Knowledgebase Article 257,202 views tags: dns domain domains nameservers servers
I tried to assign a domain through the Domain Manager, but it does not allow me to. What is wrong?