By default, your server’s automated messages will be sent from [email protected].
To customize your default sender address:
- Log in to the WHM by going to yourdomain.com/whm in a browser. Replace yourdomain.com with your domain.
- Once you get to the login page, enter your username and password.
- Username will be root.
- Password will be the root password for your server.
- If you see the Feature Showcase page, scroll to the bottom and click the Exit to WHM button.
- Once in the WHM, look for the Software section and select MultiPHP INI Editor from the list.
- On the MultiPHP INI Editor page, navigate to Editor Mode and select a PHP version from the drop-down.
- In the editor, modify the sendmail_path value.
For example, if you want your default sender address to be [email protected], modify the value to be:
/usr/sbin/sendmail –t –I –f’[email protected]’
- Click Save.
Recommended Help Content
How to set the default sender address, on a Dedicated Hosting account.
tags: mail php whm
How do I change my contract length?
If you need to transfer or restore a cPanel account for your VPS or Dedicated server, there is a tool within the WHM panel to perform these tasks. This article is about transferring or restoring from another server or restoring after a re-image.
Related Help Content
CSF is a firewall for VPS and Dedicated servers. CSF is not installed as part of our default images on VPS or Dedicated servers. This article describes how to install it yourself or request support do so.
This article will explain how-to enable FTP on a newly provisioned VPS or Dedicated cPanel server. Since FTP is an unsecured connection point to the server, cPanel has it disabled by default in version 11.86 or prior.
How to assign a dedicated IP to a domain on a dedicated server.
Sender Policy Framework records, or SPF records are a type of DNS record used to identify which mail servers should be allowed to send email from a certain domain name.
Prices for Dedicated Hosting and Dedicated related addons
VPS and Dedicated customers with servers running the CentOS 6 operating system will not be able to upgrade cPanel past version 86. The cPanel team will still support CentOS 6 with cPanel 86 until March 31st, 2021.
This article will explain how to configure your dedicated or VPS server to use the new (non legacy) backup system.
VPS and Dedicated servers come with all applications necessary to run a standard web and email server. The applications that come with the VPS and Dedicated servers are generally supported as-is by our support technicians.