HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Dropping columns from a database table using PhpMyAdmin
Dropping columns from a database table in PhpMyAdmin
It is recommended that you make a backup before you perform any destructive actions, such as dropping database columns. Without a backup, there will be no way to restore anything mistakenly deleted.
WARNING! Dropping columns in your database permanently deletes the column and all the data stored in that column. Make sure that none of your applications or websites rely on information contained in the column(s) you are deleting.
- Log in to your HostMonster cPanel account.
- Navigate to the Database Tools section, and select phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database you want to work with (in the left column when you first access phpMyAdmin).
- Select the table you want to work with.
- Place a check mark next to the column(s) you wish to drop (delete permanently).
- Click on the Drop button underneath the list of columns.
- It will ask you if you really want to do this. Review what will be dropped to make sure the correct columns are being deleted. If it is correct, click on the Yes button to drop the columns. Otherwise click No.
A message stating your SQL query was executed successfully will be displayed and your columns will be gone.
Knowledgebase Article 61,935 views bookmark
sharetags: Plesk cpanel databases mysql phpmyadmin
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Instructions on deleting tables from your database using phpMyAdmin
Step by step directions on how you can search your database using phpMyAdmin
A step by step guide on how to manipulate data in your mySQL tables using phpMyAdmin
Related Help Content
A guide to duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin
This article will show you how to rename a database table in phpMyAdmin.
Instructions on adding a column to your database in phpMyAdmin
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface.
This article will explain MySQL database and user creation and deletion, and explain how to assign a user to a database.
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin?
A guide on performing a standard SQL query using the phpMyAdmin interface