Programs such as Dreamweaver, WordPress Direct, Excite, and XSite work well for publishing to your primary domain name, but it can be tricky to publish to an addon or subdomain name.
The easiest way to accomplish this is to create an FTP account which is associated with your addon domain:
- Log in to your HostMonster Control Panel
- Click the FTP Accounts tool.
- Fill out the form at the top of the page to create a new FTP account
- Ensure that the new FTP account points to the root folder of your addon domain
- Use the corresponding password and username (the username resembles an email address, i.e. [email protected])
- When you are ready to publish, use the email-like username and password. Your files will upload to the correct website
Managing files and sites
Please consult the help documents and support site for the program you are using.
Recommended Help Content
This article explains how to publish your site through FTP on Dreamweaver 2014
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
Video "How-to" Tutorial
This article will explain how to change the Site URL or Home URL setting in WordPress. This may be useful if you have moved your WordPress site or are planning to move your WordPress site.
Related Help Content
How do I publish my Web site using Publisher?
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
You have invested a significant amount of time creating and perfecting your website, and you're ready to publish it for the world to see! Are you really though? Use this checklist to ensure your site is ready for publication.
This article will explain how to login to a website created with WordPress.
We are offering free website migrations for qualifying WordPress websites within the first 30 days after signup. The offer includes the transfer of one WordPress website and the ability to review the site before it goes live.
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004?
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress.