HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How Do I Update My Contact Email Address If I Forgot My Password
Proving ownership of your hosting account will allow us to update your contact email address.
Updating Your Contact Email Address By Ticket
To update your contact email address by ticket, please email all of the following information to billing@HostMonster.com:
- The primary domain on your hosting account.
- Your new contact email address.
- A government-issued photo ID that matches the name on the credit card or PayPal account. Business cards, company badges, school ID cards, or other forms of ID will not be accepted.
- Proof of Original payment:
- If you originally purchased your account using a credit card, please send a copy of the credit card used for the purchase. If you no longer have that credit card, a copy of a credit card statement that clearly shows the purchase will be accepted.
- If you originally purchased your account using PayPal, please send a copy of the PayPal receipt showing the purchase.
For security purposes, please block out the first 12 numbers on the credit card and personal information on you ID (i.e. date of birth, height, weight, ID number etc).
If you do not have access to an email account, please fax the above information to (801)-765-1992 Attn: Billing Department.
Updating Your Contact Email Address By Phone
To update your contact email address by phone, you must:
- Be the person who's name is on file.
- Be calling from a phone number we have on file.
- Verify the contact email address we currently have on file.
- Verify one of the following:
- The last four characters of your Control Panel password.
- If you paid with your credit card, the last 4 numbers of the credit card used for the most recent hosting payment.
- If you paid with PayPal, the full 7 or 8 digit PayPal invoice number for the most recent hosting payment.
- The full PIN number on your account.
For security purposes, we will not confirm the name we have listed on file.