HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Assigning a Parked Domain
Parked domains are basically an alias domain name to your primary domain, it will be pointing to the same webpages as your primary domain is pointing to, i.e. multiple domains, same website.
primarydomain.com/index.htm and parkeddomain.com/index.htm will point to the same webpage "index.htm".
Update the Name Servers
To setup a parked domain, first set the nameserver for the domain you wish to park to :
- primary nameserver : ns1.HostMonster.com
- secondary nameserver : ns2.HostMonster.com
Assigning the Domain Name
- Login to your HostMonster cPanel
- Click the Domain Manager tab.
- Under Shortcuts click the link "Assign a domain to your cPanel account"
- Choose if you will assign a domain name already associated with your account, or assign a new domain name to your account.
- Verify ownership of the domain name, there are three ways this can be done:
- Name Servers: Update your Name Servers to ns1.hostmonster and ns2.hostmonster
- Create HTML Page: Create an HTML page on your existing host containing the text provided.
- EPP Code: This will not transfer your domain name, but use the EPP code to verify ownership.
- Choose Parked Domain
- Addon Domain: An Addon domain name will function as its own separate domain name or website.
- Parked Domain: A Parked domain name will load the same the site located in your public_html, your main domain name.