HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Backup and Restore File or Folders with Site Backup Pro tool
To backup or restore your website files you can use the Site Backup Pro tool, located within the File Management category of your cPanel.
- Login to your HostMonster account.
- Open the Site Backup Pro tool, located in the Files section.
- Choose if you would like to Browse, Download or Restore the files in the backup.
For Downloading a backup there will be a prompt to choose a date. Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate date of the backup you wish to use.
Next choose the type of compressed file you would like to download, this could be a .tar or .zip file.
If you are unsure which format to download choose .zip as all modern Operating Systems are able to open a .zip file.
- For Browsing the files there is a drop-down menu in the top right hand corner that allows you to select the date of the backup. This feature is only available when Site Backup Pro is purchased.
- With Restoring files, a pop-up menu will ask to choose which backup date to restore from.
This is the same process for the Home Directory option in Site Backup Pro.