HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How do I Optimize images without losing quality?
Suggests to maintain image quality, reduce their size, or initial page load size/
- Create thumbnail links for large images to be used as links on your main page.
- For more information on thumbnail creation please see our knowledgebase article here:
- Use a 3rd party software such as Gimp, or Adobe Photoshop (not free).
- If you wish to use Gimp (for free) you can find it for download here:
- A how to produce quality web images here:
- If you wish to use Adobe Photoshop all versions have an option in the File Menu to optimize image for web.
- Make sure you are using the best compression format available for your images. (i.e. .jpg, .gif, .png)
- For more information on image compression click here:
Knowledgebase Article 24,903 views bookmark
sharetags: (updated 1658 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How can I optimize my images? (updated 2156 days ago)
An exported .sql file shows as a different size than the reported size in cPanel (updated 1542 days ago)
Optimizing MySQL: Queries and Indexes Article 1 of 4 Courtesy of: Ian Gilfillan Badly defined or non-existent indexes are one of the primary reasons for poor performance, understanding and then fixing (updated 1070 days ago)
Related Help Content
Optimizing MySQL: Queries and Indexes Article 2 of 4 Courtesy of: Ian Gilfillan Some knowledge of how indexes work allows you to use them more efficiently. Firstly, note that when you update a table w (updated 1460 days ago)
Optimizing MySQL: Queries and Indexes Article 3 of 4 Courtesy of: Ian Gilfillan Ordering by surname is a common requirement, so it would make sense to create an index on surname. But in this example o (updated 1461 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 77,806 views tags: cpu exceeded index indexes mysql optimize optimizing queries query
Why don't my images display on my site? (updated 2137 days ago)
Optimizing MySQL: Queries and Indexes Article 4 of 4 Courtesy of:Ian Gilfillan Most systems need to be highly optimized for selects - take a news site which performs millions of queries per day, but w (updated 1460 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 71,293 views tags: cpu exceeded index indexes mysql optimize optimizing queries query
Images in the Agora shopping cart not showing or showing broken link images. (updated 2154 days ago)
How do I view Thumbnails of images in a directory? How do I scale images? How do I convert an image to a jpg, gif, bmp, or png? (updated 2119 days ago)
Tips and tricks to make your wordpress blog load faster (updated 490 days ago)