HostMonster Web Hosting Help
FTP Setup using WS_FTP
How do I connect and upload via FTP with WS_FTP?
File Transfer - WS_FTP - Version Pro 7.6 - Connecting and Uploading:
Visit the WS_FTP website for more information.
- Open WSFTP and click on File and Choose Connect.
- Click on Create Site.
- Enter a Name for your site (anything) and leave Create In blank. Click Next.
- Type in your domain name as the hostname and click Next.
- Type in your username and password. Leave the account field blank. You can choose to save the password. Click Next.
- Server Type should be set to FTP and the Port is 21. Leave SSL unchecked. Click Finish.
- Once back to the connect screen, select the site and click on Edit.
- Click on the Startup Tab and type public_html for the remote site folder and click Ok.
- Select the site again and click on Connect.
- Click the Browse Local Folders button.
- Select the folder that contains your HTML Files.<
- Select the files that need uploading and click the right arrow to upload files.
Knowledgebase Article 88,323 views bookmark
sharetags: ftp (updated 2104 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
How do I setup CuteFTP 8.2 for FTP? (updated 1129 days ago)
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX? (updated 2117 days ago)
This article explains how to setup a SiteLock FTP account. (updated 82 days ago)
Related Help Content
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Adobe GoLive? (updated 2117 days ago)
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004? (updated 1610 days ago)
How do I upload my web site? (updated 523 days ago)
Publish with NVU site builder (updated 2085 days ago)
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password. (updated 140 days ago)
Video "How-to" Tutorial 510,424 views tags: account accounts cpanelutilities ftp login publish upload
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site? (updated 651 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 329,636 views tags: client configure file filezilla ftp party set settings setup zilla
How do I upload my page to your server using FTP on a Mac? (updated 1199 days ago)