HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Email Setup with Outlook Express 6.0
How do I add my HostMonster email account to Outlook Express 6.0?
Adding an email account to Outlook Express (Version 6.0):
- Open Outlook Express. Click on Tools and choose Accounts.
- In the Internet Accounts Window, click Add and choose Mail.
- Type in your Name and click Next.
- Type in your email address and click Next.
- Choose POP3 as the incoming mail server. For the server names for both Outgoing and Incoming, type mail.your-domain-name.ext. (ie mail.yadayadayada.com)
- Type in your full email address as your account name. Also type in your password and click Next.
- Click Finish on the Congratulations screen.
- Click Close to close out of the Internet Account window.
- In Outlook Express, click Send/Receive.
Note: If you are unable to connect to the SMTP server, your ISP may be blocking port 25 from 3rd party use. Contact your ISP if this occurs.
Knowledgebase Article 100,876 views bookmark
sharetags: email emailclient outlook (updated 1121 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express. (updated 511 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 231,923 views tags: configuration configure email express imap outlook pop setup
How do I add my HostMonster email account to Outlook 2002? (updated 1120 days ago)
How Do I Make Sure That My Outlook Express is Not Set Up to Keep a Copy of My Messages on the Server? (updated 364 days ago)
Related Help Content
You can try sending the email on port 26, which is an alternate SMTP port and see if that works for you. For outlook: (updated 653 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2013 (updated 539 days ago)
To setup an email address for your domain name is easily accomplished within the control panel (cPanel). Mail section where Email icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the (updated 3 days ago)
Microsoft Outlook supports third party plugins (aka add-ins) to allow for such things as email virus scanning. Such plugins can cause problems, such as causing Outlook to time-out when trying to retri (updated 1977 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2010 (updated 361 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2007 (updated 539 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2011 (updated 540 days ago)