Accessing Auto Responders
Creating an auto responder is easy; to do so follow the steps below:
- Log into your HostMonster cPanel.
- Scroll to the Mail category.
- Select the option labeled Auto Responders.
- Select Add Auto Responder
Create the Auto Responder
- Character Set: You must select this option before changing anything else or you will lose your changes.
- Interval: Here specify the number of hours between email responses to the same address.
- Email: Choose the email address to use with this auto responder.
- From: Enter the username to display in the response.
- Subject: Enter the subject to display in the response.
- HTML If you check this box you can then use HTML to format the email.
- Body: Enter the body of the email to.
- Start: Choosing Custom will allow you to specify the date when the auto responder will start.
- Stop: Choosing Custom will allow you to specify the date when the auto responder will stop.
When configuring an auto responder, you can use the following tags, in the Subject or Body, to insert information into the response email:
%subject% - The subject of the message sent to the auto responder.
%from% - The name of the sender of the message received by the auto responder, if available.
%email% - The incoming email sender's address.
Recommended Help Content
What is an Auto Responder? How do I Create Auto Responders? (updated 1136 days ago)
You can use autoresponders to send a message back automatically to anyone who sends an email to a certain account. This can be useful for times when you are on vacation or unavailable, or if you have a generic message that you wish to send for a support email address. (updated 939 days ago)
To setup an email address for your domain name is easily accomplished within the control panel (cPanel). Mail section where Email icon is located Navigate to the Mail section inside cPanel. Click the (updated 106 days ago)
Related Help Content
How to Configure Eudora Pro to Access Email? (updated 2138 days ago)
How does a person change the Password, create an Autoresponder and setup Email Filtering on their individual email account without logging into the main account control panel? (updated 471 days ago)
HostMonster offers numerous email options. (updated 604 days ago)
I want to collect my visitor's name/email from a page within my site and store that info for use in an autoresponder. (updated 786 days ago)
Learn how to check your email accounts from within Yahoo! Mail. This tutorial will show you how to setup a POP account in Yahoo! Mail. (updated 682 days ago)
How to create and access your email accounts (updated 149 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Apple's Mail Application. (updated 952 days ago)
Windows Live Mail combines the ease of use of Outlook Express, with the speed of Windows Live. This tutorial will show you how to setup your email account in Windows Live Mail. (updated 416 days ago)