HostMonster Web Hosting Help
Horde Webmail Issues with Internet Explorer
Users of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) may experience some issues when using Horde to view web mail. Internet Explorer 7 users may sometimes experience a blank page, while Internet Explorer 8 users may experience issues with folders and some HTML elements on the page.
If you are unable to upgrade Internet Explorer, then the following fixes may work for you.
Horde Webmail and Internet Explorer 8 Problems
There seems to be some issues with expanding folders and other HTML elements when trying to use Horde with Internet Explorer 8.
- Login to Horde
- Click Internet Explorer's "Compatibility View" icon (just to the right of the address bar).
Horde Webmail and Internet Explorer 7 Problems
We have found a couple of fixes that may or may not work. Once you have tried to log into your e-mail account using Internet Explorer 7 and all you get is a blank screen then here are your options:
- Click in the address bar
- Delete everything after the http://www.yourdomain:2095/
- Hit the enter key
This may display everything correctly and then it will work fine, however if not then your only other options are listed.
- Use FireFox
- Use Squirrelmail (install the plugins you need)
- Install a 3rd party e-mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird
- Upgrade your version of Internet Explorer
- Contact Microsoft