HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How to subscribe to IMAP folders in different email clients
All of my email folders are missing. How can I get them to show up?
Please re-subscribe to your folder(s) in your e-mail client. Please note, this must be done in EACH email account to be effective for that specific account.
- Right-click on the account name on the far left side of the screen.
- Left-click "IMAP Folders..."
- A "Show/Hide IMAP Folders" window opens.
- The window has two tabs, labeled "All" and "Visible". Make sure "All" is selected.
- Select all the folders shown (shift-left-click)
- Click "Show" button.
- Right-click on your account name (Generally the parent of the tree structure).
- Click "Subscribe"
- Expand the folder tree and select all the folders you want to subscribe to.
- Regarding the Apple Mail issue with IMAP; it does not directly adhere to RFC. Please follow this URL to find details about it and a workaround: http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports/mail_app/topic2610.html
- In the main account click on the "Folders" icon at the top of the screen.
- Choose the "Rebuild Folder Tree" option from the drop-down box.
- Next, choose the "Check Folders for New Mail" option from the same box.
- At the top of the page click on Folders
- Select the folder(s) from the right side under "Unsubscribe/Subscribe"
- Click Subscribe
- At the top of the page click "Personal Settings"
- Click the Folders tab
- Check the box for any folder to be subscribed to under the subscribed column
- Click "E-Mail" at the top of the page to save changes and go back to your email
Knowledgebase Article 152,416 views bookmark
sharetags: account email imap macmail mozilla outlook thunderbird (updated 1568 days ago)
Share or save this via:
Recommended Help Content
Instructions on how to resubscribe to the IMAP folders (updated 784 days ago)
How to backup and restore profiles in Mozilla Thunderbird. (updated 1978 days ago)
Explanation on what the prefix is for IMAP and basic information on where to find the folders. (updated 777 days ago)
Related Help Content
Where do I Add, Delete and Manage Email Accounts? (updated 1315 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 265,760 views tags: accounts add change client configure delete email imap macmail mail mailbox manage outlook password ports thunderbird
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might (updated 368 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2013 (updated 560 days ago)
There are many third-party E-mail programs that can be used to connect to your E-mail accounts from remote computers. The most common E-mail programs, called Clients, are Outlook, Mac Mail, and Mozil (updated 202 days ago)
Configuring your email client: Outlook Express. (updated 532 days ago)
Knowledgebase Article 234,756 views tags: configuration configure email express imap outlook pop setup
Configuring your email client: Outlook 2003 (updated 560 days ago)
How to setup an email account using Microsoft Outlook 2010 (updated 382 days ago)