This article will demonstrate how to drop (permanently delete) tables from a database in phpMyAdmin. This will delete the table and everything in it.
It is recommended that you make a backup before you perform any destructive actions, such as dropping database tables. Without a backup, there will be no way to restore anything mistakenly deleted.
WARNING! Dropping tables in your database permanently deletes the table and all the data stored in that table. Make sure that none of your applications or websites rely on information contained in the table(s) you are deleting.
Begin by accessing phpMyAdmin via cPanel.
- Select the database you wish to work with (from the list of databases on the left column when on the phpMyAdmin home page).
- A list of tables will appear in the left column and in the wider right column.
- Check the table(s) you wish to drop (permanently delete).
- In the drop down box that initially says "With selected:" select "Drop" from this list.
- It will ask you if you really want to drop the table(s). Check to make sure you selected the tables you really want to delete.
- Click on Yes to drop (delete) the table.
At this point, the table has been dropped from the database, including everything that used to be in it.
Recommended Help Content
Step by step directions on how you can search your database using phpMyAdmin (updated 460 days ago)
A tutorial on how to perminately delete columns from your mySQL database using phpMyAdmin (updated 459 days ago)
A guide on renaming the tables inside of your database using phpMyAdmin (updated 460 days ago)
Related Help Content
Instructions on changing the name of your database using phpMyAdmin (updated 461 days ago)
Guidance on adding tables to your mySQL database in phpMyAdmin (updated 460 days ago)
A step by step guide on how to manipulate data in your mySQL tables using phpMyAdmin (updated 460 days ago)
A guide to duplicating a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin (updated 460 days ago)
A repository of information on how you can manage your database by using the phpMyAdmin interface. (updated 460 days ago)
How do I import a backup of my database (.sql file) using phpMyAdmin? (updated 459 days ago)
Instructions on adding a column to your database in phpMyAdmin (updated 449 days ago)
How to repair and optimize your database using phpMyAdmin: (updated 652 days ago)