HostMonster Web Hosting Help
How to access your e-mail with Yahoo! Mail
Yahoo! allows it's customers to send and receive emails from their Yahoo! email accounts. Doing this the POP3 protocol, meaning that by default the emails are removed from your HostMonster email account.
If you do not have a HostMonster account, you can sign up here. This will allow you to pick your own custom domain name and create as many email addresses as you would like (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Login to your Yahoo! email account.
- Open the Security section, locted under the Settings cog.
- From the left-hand side click, Security
- Tick the box to "Always use SSL"
- Now go back to Accounts
- CLick the Add button, to the right of Accounts
- Check the "Set up to Receive emails" box.
If you are unable to check this box you will need to ensure you have set your account to "Always use SSL" in the Security section of your Yahoo! settings.
- Enter the settings for your HostMonster email account.
- Sending Name: Enter your name as it will appear on any sent email
- Username: Your full email address
- Password: Enter the password for the email account on your HostMonster hosting service.
- Reply-to address: Enter your email address
- Deliver email to: Choose which folder you would your like your emails delivered to
- POP Server: Enter your domain name with the mail subdomain. eg. mail.example.com
- Leave the default port of 995
- Choose to leave your email on the server or not.
If you plan on managing your HostMonster email account in your Yahoo! account; then it is recommended that you not leave the emails on your HostMonster server.
- Click Save.
At this point Yahoo! will require that you verify this email account. You should see a note stating the following:
"Check email@example.com for a confirmation mail from Yahoo! Member Services. Click the link in the email to enable sending mails from this account. If you don't see a confirmation email, try resending it."
To verify your account