You are able to use the File Manager to make changes to many of the files on your account. Please keep in mind that if you are using a dynamic website (Blog, CMS, Shopping Cart, ect) these instructions might not apply.
Finding the file name
There are facilities in place to edit the code which forms your pages. You can get into the source code for a given page, pretty easily by doing the following: First as you're browsing the 'page' note the filename of it, you'll need the filename in a minute.
For the URL:
The filename would be: page-name.html
Modifying files with the File Manager
- Log in to your HostMonster cPanel account.
- Under the Files and choose File Manager.
- Double click the public_html folder icon in the center section of the screen.
- Select the file for the the page you want to edit. Usually the homepage or default page is index.htm or index.html.
- After you select the file, you can right click on the file and choose Edit or Code Edit, or you can use the icons along the top of the screen to edit the file.
- The file should open in a new tab or window in your browser.
- Once done making your changes, click the Save button, located in the top right hand side of the window.
- It may be necessary to click Reload or Refresh on your browser to see the new version.
Recommended Help Content
How do I upload my web site?
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
Related Help Content
The website is taking a long time to load. It just seems slower today than normal.
I need to transfer my website from my old host to HostMonster, but I do not know how to do it without losing files or mail.
How do I publish my Web site using Publisher?
How to embed a flash file in a webpage
How to restore individual files or folders with the Site Backup & Restore tool
How to Transfer hosted files from old host to HostMonster.com via ssh. Your old host must have SSH access to perform this move. Using SSH to transfer files to HostMonster
If suddenly when you go to your page, you get nothing on the page. You can still get HTML to display, just not PHP. To serve HTML pages to browsers, we don't associate the Apache processes with your 2
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager